Goblin Bait
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder RPG

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Southern Desert Continent

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRonin
Admin

Southern Desert Continent Empty
PostSubject: Southern Desert Continent   Southern Desert Continent EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:10 pm

This continent would be a harsh land populated by humans and reptile type humanoids. Slavery would be legal here. Quality of life is fairly poor. War if fought in roman type style.

This area has very little magic...

It was once a Rome type empire, with armies and forces unmatched. For it was once ruled over by a class of sorcerer nobles whose magic was in their very bloodline until a revolution over through and killed them all. As society collapsed and literacy fell of any sort of learned magic also became increasingly rare. To this day magic is almost unheard of and in some places taboo. Though local warlords still fill their armies with roman type legions (in emulation of days of old) with out the powerful magics that once supported their antique fighting style they are nothing but a shell of their former self.

Fortunately a few ports do offer escape and trade to more prosperous lands.
Back to top Go down
GoblinBait
Admin
GoblinBait

PostSubject: Re: Southern Desert Continent   Southern Desert Continent EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:16 pm

i like that idea, had something similar in the world i was making. since its a harsh land maybe model it off of australia? tons of predators and poisonous snakes
Back to top Go down
https://goblinbait.rpg-board.net
TheRonin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Southern Desert Continent   Southern Desert Continent EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:18 pm

GoblinBait wrote:
i like that idea, had something similar in the world i was making. since its a harsh land maybe model it off of australia? tons of predators and poisonous snakes

Yeah not bad, Lots of Conan type adventures could be done here, or young heroes starting out who have to travel into the world of wonders beyond the deserts.

Uprisings, the return of magic, etc. Lots of options. Ill start carving up more detail on the society, its roughly based on a short story i started but never finished.
Back to top Go down
GoblinBait
Admin
GoblinBait

PostSubject: Re: Southern Desert Continent   Southern Desert Continent EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:10 am

ok im thinking the SW continent for this one.

how much is desert and is it sandy desert, blasted wasteland (like hellfire peninsula from WoW), or just low rainfall?
Back to top Go down
https://goblinbait.rpg-board.net
TheRonin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Southern Desert Continent   Southern Desert Continent EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:39 am

GoblinBait wrote:
ok im thinking the SW continent for this one.

how much is desert and is it sandy desert, blasted wasteland (like hellfire peninsula from WoW), or just low rainfall?

I am thinking more Mojave than Sahara, but maybe near the center it gets very sandy with miles of dunes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Desert Continent   Southern Desert Continent Empty

Back to top Go down

Southern Desert Continent
Page 1 of 1