Goblin Bait
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder RPG

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Savage Elves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheRonin
Admin

Savage Elves Empty
PostSubject: Savage Elves   Savage Elves EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:21 am

Most of the Savage Elf discussion has occurred in other threads, so I figured I would start one.

What I am planning for them so far is they are a loose confederation of tribes. Alliances come and go and there are of course great historical leaders who have united many of them. In the area I am working in for my campaign the players are likely to encounter five seperate tribes. THough I dont have them all fleshed out yet.

The Viper Tribe, isolationist and paranoid even for jungle elves, they love poison and hit and run tactics. The Cannibalistic Croc tribe... leader is a werecrocidial, they are the most violent and chaotic of the tribes. Actually being influenced by outside forces.
The noble Lion tribe, the closes to the true protector of the forrest role.
The panther tribe. a tribe of excellent hunters and rival of the Lions,

and the Wolf tribe, who are most willing to work with others, but are also the most territorial.

Ill flesh out more later
Back to top Go down
TheRonin
Admin

Savage Elves Empty
PostSubject: Jungle Elf Tribes   Savage Elves EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Below is by no way an exhaustive list of jungle elf tribes. There should be hundreds all said and done, this is just a list of the larger tribes in the immediate area between Rash'el, Malmar and the Holfan Trading Company. the ones that will largely appear in my upcoming game.

The Wolf Tribe

One of the oldest and largest tribes. The Wolf Tribe is something of an oddity, their primary deity is the deceased spirit wolf Fenrir, lord of all wolves. Worship of Timor'a is rare in their tribe, though her brother the strategist is sometimes prayed to. As they say he learned strategy from the wolves.

They are the most likely tribe to work with others. Ironically they are also ritually hunted by the other surrounding tribes the way Timor'a hunted Fenrir in days long past.

They have a terminate standing walled city. And of all the tribes have the most in common with the outsiders. The city of Caldar has a population of around 400, with another 200 traders and hunters making temporary homes there. The walls are partially stone and partially Wooden, they have even a few small fields to off set their hunting.

It is the only thing close to a trading hub in this part of the jungle.
Back to top Go down
TheRonin
Admin

Savage Elves Empty
PostSubject: The Snake Tribe   Savage Elves EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:12 pm

The Snake Tribe

A popular story told by the Snake Tribe Shamans is the story of Timor'a and the Rampaging Beast. Details vary from telling to telling. But essentially a large magnificent beast appeared in her sacred jungle. Timor'a attempted to hunt the best as it had crushed many of her wild animals. However her beast weapons could barely scratch the beast.

She happened upon a snake who hissed to her that he could fell the mighty beast. She explained it was not possible, even SHE could only scratch it. He answered, "With my venom all I would need is a scratch..."

Timor'a learned to poison her blade from the snake and when she once again resumed the hunt she felled the beast.

The Snake Tribe is obsessed with Poison. they prefer to ambush their pray with poison then fall back, and hit them again after the poison has weakened them. The Snake Tribe is highly paranoid of outsiders and gets along with essentially no one.
Back to top Go down
TheRonin
Admin

Savage Elves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Elves   Savage Elves EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:05 pm

The Panther Tribe

the Panthers are a noble but militant and xenophobic tribe. Of the five closest tribes they have come closest to conquering the region the most often, right behind the Lion tribe.

The Panthers are a small but aggressive tribe known for their deep ranges towards Rash'el and other territory, it is their conflicts with the Queen's Royal Rangers that earned the Rash'el soldiers the nickname Panthers. And to this day the Panther tribe honors them in a strange sort of ceasefire and mutual respect.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Savage Elves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Elves   Savage Elves Empty

Back to top Go down

Savage Elves
Page 1 of 1